What do I bring? (Day Tours)
Just bring the essentials:
- A full water bottle (refill water available)
- Comfortable footwear
- For sunsets it is advisable to bring a jacket in the winter months
- And of course, a sense of humour and adventure
Do you pick up from accommodation?
Yes we do. Pick up is from all accommodation locations in Winton and the free camp areas of Long Waterhole and Mistake Creek. We start pick ups 15 minutes prior to the tour start time so please be patient as we make our way around town.
What if I have already purchased a ticket to the Stampede or Dinosaur Museum?
No problem! I can adjust the price for you so that you don't pay twice for the site tour at Lark Quarry Dinosaur Stampede or the Australian Age of Dinosaurs Museum. When you wish to make a booking please contact me about this so the adjustment can be made prior to you paying. Remember to bring your tickets with you on the day!
Do you cater for special diets?
Absolutely! Please make your dietary requirements known at the time of booking so that we can adequately cater for them.
Do you have a toilet on board the bus?
Our buses are not equipped with a toilet and on some tours there are no toilet facilities along the way. Please use the facilities prior to boarding.
Do you offer a concession price?
All tours offer a Seniors rate which acts as a concession rate for pensioners and for full time high school students 15-17yo. (Child rate is for 4-14yo)
- Special rates also exist for Carer's/Companion Card holders who are travelling with the person they care for. Please contact us for more information.
The Tour prices/rates explained
Adults - any person 18 - 65yo
- Seniors - 65+, pensioners, and students 15-17yo
- Child - 4-14yo
- Infant - 1-3 (not recommended for children under this)
- Family - 2 Adults and 2 Children (An extra child reduced rate also exists for larger families)
When do I pay for my day tour/s?
Full payment is to be made at the time of booking the tour. The online booking system accepts Visa, MasterCard or Stripe accounts only. Arrangements can be made for a direct deposit for bookings at least two weeks in advance only.
What if I have to cancel my day tour?
We understand that unexpected things happen, so please contact us if you have any unforeseen circumstances.
- If you are unable to travel due to illness, lockdowns or breakdowns we will provide a full refund or change the date of your tour where we can - just let us know, we understand!
- If Red Dirt Tours cancels a tour due to weather or unforeseen circumstances then a full refund will be given or arrangements made for you to join a tour on another day.